Our Butternut Squash Apple Casserole will leave them wanting more.
This butternut squash apple casserole is an excellent side dish for your fall meals or holiday dinner. You’ll top it with a spiced buttery crumble.
Butternut Squash Apple Casserole Ingredients:
- One butternut squash (2 to 2 1/2 lbs)
- Two apples (tart)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Four tablespoons butter, cold
- tbs flour
- tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°. Butter your favorite 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Peel your squash. Remove seeds and cut into small slices.
- Peel the apples and also cut into thin slices.
- Combine the squash and apples into your prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; using a fork, mix in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the squash and apples.
- Cover and bake at for 50 to 60 minutes, or until squash is tender.