Our Butternut Squash Apple Casserole will leave you wanting more.
This butternut squash apple casserole is an excellent side dish for your fall meals or holiday dinner. You’ll top it with a spiced buttery crumble.
Butternut squash is low in calories yet high in many nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and magnesium.
Apples are extremely rich in essential flavonoids, antioxidants, and dietary fiber. The antioxidants and phytonutrients in apples may help reduce the risk of developing hypertension, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
Butternut Squash Apple Casserole Ingredients:
- One butternut squash (2 to 2 1/2 lbs)
- Two apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Four tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°. Butter your favorite 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Peel your squash. Remove seeds and cut into small slices.
- Peel the apples and also cut into thin slices.
- Combine the squash and apples into your prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; using a fork, mix in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the squash and apples.
- Cover and bake at for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- The Blood Orange – Many Health Benefits
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Acorn Squash Stuffed Corn Pudding – Great Fall Meal
- Colcannon – Side Dish of Irish Potatoes and Kale
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Broccoli Gratin – Pairing Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Cranberry Apple Juice – No Spray Here
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Fritters Using Organic Produce
- Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Herb and Garlic Spaghetti Squash – Healthier Than Pasta
- 4 Major Health Benefits of Apples – Nutritional Powerhouses
- Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup – Easy and Nutrient-Dense
- Apple Beet Juice – Your Body Will Thank You
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad