Making Butternut Squash Appetizers from Butternut Squash is an excellent source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and several other vital nutrients. Butternut squash contains nearly half of your daily dose of vitamin C. Because of butternut squash’s high antioxidant content, it may have anti-inflammatory effects, helping you to reduce your risk of inflammation-related disorders like rheumatoid arthritis.
Its long neck makes the perfect base for these appetizers, or you can serve it as a side dish. You can save the base for some Coconut Butternut Squash Soup.
You can make them all the same or mix and match toppings. A few suggestions:
- pizza sauce and mozzarella
- salsa, Monterey Jack and guacamole (or sour cream)
- barbecue sauce, cheddar, and bacon
- curry sauce, chutney and coconut
- pesto and Parmesan
Butternut Squash Appetizers Ingredients
- 1 or 2 butternut squash
- Sauce (pizza sauce, salsa, pesto, curry sauce, etc.)
- Grated cheese
- Other toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Peel the squash
- Slice the neck into 1/4 inch thick circles (reserve the base for other recipes).
- Place on baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add extra toppings (such as guacamole, sour cream, etc.) before serving.
- Cut into quarters or halves if desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Carb Chicken Noodle Soup – Easy and Nutrient-Dense(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Major Health Benefits of Apples – Nutritional Powerhouses(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Citrus Salsa – A Bright Alternative To Tomato Salsa(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Radish Avocado Salsa – Hand-Made Tacos You’ll Love
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.