Citrus Salsa is a bright alternative to tomato salsa easy to prepare and will give you a healthy dose of vitamin C with your tortilla chips or tacos (or put it on some grilled chicken or fish, mmmm!). Amounts are approximate, adjust it to your taste. You can also use bell pepper for a very mild version or serrano pepper for a hotter version.
Citrus Salsa Ingredients
- 4-5 cups of oranges, tangerines, tangelos, etc.
- ½ jalapeno pepper, about 3 inches long
- ½ cup red onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or smoky paprika or regular chili powder)
- Juice of ½ lemon.
- Peel and remove seeds from citrus fruit. Cut into small pieces, about ¼ to ½ inch.
- Remove seeds and finely chop the jalapeno.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Finely chop the cilantro leaves.
- Combine everything in a bowl, add chipotle powder, and lemon juice.
- Let chill in the refrigerator about 1 hour before serving.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Tacos Radish Avocado Salsa – Hand-Made Tacos You’ll Love
- Black Bean Zucchini Quesadillas
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops