This easy organic Beet Hummus recipe whips up in 5 minutes and makes a lovely and healthy dip for vegetable sticks or chips or any other way you enjoy your hummus.
The beets are high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and manganese, add to that some fiber and protein in the chickpeas plus healthy fat from the olive oil and you have a colorful powerhouse snack.
Don’t discard the liquid from the chickpeas. Three tablespoons of the liquid (dubbed Aquafaba) can be used as a vegan substitute for one egg in many recipes.
Beet Hummus Ingredients
- 1 cup cooked beets
- 15 ounce can low sodium organic chickpeas with most of the liquid drained
- 1 lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the beet by boiling or roasting, peel and cut into large chunks.
- Drain most of the liquid of the chickpeas (save it for an egg substitute if desired).
- Zest the lemon and save half of the lemon for another recipe.
- In a blender or food processor, combine beets, chickpeas, lemon zest, juice of 1/2 lemon, garlic, tahini, and cumin. When the mixture resembles a smooth paste drizzle in the olive oil with the machine running. Add additional oil or chickpea liquid if it seems too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Pickled Beet Eggs – Using Leftover Brine(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Black Bean Zucchini Quesadillas(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Produce Pop Up Market at Artisan’s Palate Temecula 8/16/19(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Healthy No Sugar Added Ambrosia Parfaits(Opens in a new browser tab)
- 10 Ways to Use Fresh Rosemary That Are Super Easy(Opens in a new browser tab)
- ABC Juice(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.