Black bean zucchini quesadillas make a great combo for this kid-friendly snack.
Black Bean Zucchini Quesadillas Ingredients:
- 2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 3 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
First, you have to cook your beans.
- Soak the Black Beans overnight if possible, but a couple of hours will do fine.
- After they have soaked, rinse them and put in a pot with about 8 cups of water (NOTE: if during the cooking process the water runs low add more hot water).
- Cook until the beans are soft. Cooking time will vary based on the soaking time of your beans; just taste them every so often. Wait to salt your beans until they are done soaking, so at this point, you can salt to taste.
- Set the beans aside.
- Combine your cooked beans and salsa in a small bowl; smash with a fork. Stir in zucchini.
- Spread tortilla with the bean zucchini mash, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese. Top with another tortilla. Repeat the procedure until out of ingredients.
- Broil quesadillas 1 minute on each side until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Kids LOVE Veggies (right!)
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Cheesy Kale Cups – Healthy Appetizers
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Black Beans Kale Tomatoes – A Simple Nutrient-Dense Meal
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce