Black bean zucchini quesadillas make a great combo for this kid-friendly snack.
Black Bean Zucchini Quesadillas Ingredients:
- 2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 3 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
First, you have to cook your beans.
- Soak the Black Beans overnight if possible, but a couple of hours will do fine.
- After they have soaked, rinse them and put in a pot with about 8 cups of water (NOTE: if during the cooking process the water runs low add more hot water).
- Cook until the beans are soft. Cooking time will vary based on the soaking time of your beans; just taste them every so often. Wait to salt your beans until they are done soaking, so at this point, you can salt to taste.
- Set the beans aside.
- Combine your cooked beans and salsa in a small bowl; smash with a fork. Stir in zucchini.
- Spread tortilla with the bean zucchini mash, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese. Top with another tortilla. Repeat the procedure until out of ingredients.
- Broil quesadillas 1 minute on each side until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Kids LOVE Veggies (right!)
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Cheesy Kale Cups – Healthy Appetizers
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Black Beans Kale Tomatoes – A Simple Nutrient-Dense Meal
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce