Grilled Eggplant Roulades are a fun way to serve eggplant. You can use skinnier Italian or Asian eggplant for appetizers while the larger globe eggplants would be great for the main course. Fill them all the same or make several varieties for different tastes.
I filled the Eggplants 3 different ways:
- cooked bacon and blue cheese
- cheddar cheese, cooked roast beef, and grilled onions
- salsa and Monterey Jack cheese
Eggplant is a member of the nightshade family, a cousin of the tomato. They are loaded with fiber, potassium, and vitamins C and B6 all of which help heart and gut health. And, that beautiful purple color gives you a boost of anthocyanins, antioxidants that could help prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.
This grilled eggplant recipe is a great way to serve leftovers, so get creative with the leftover chicken or stuffing or whatever is in the fridge. Choose ingredients that will roll easily but not ooze out of the eggplant too much. For example, sliced-cheese will work better than grated.
Grilled Eggplant Roulades Ingredients
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fillings such as cheese, cooked meats, salsa, pizza sauce, nuts, olives, etc.
- Slice the top off of the eggplant then cut into 1/4″ slices lengthwise.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes a side to get some nice grill marks and soften the eggplant.
- Add the fillings to each slice of eggplant, leaving the final third with nothing on it. Roll it up and secure it with a toothpick. Place on a broiler pan.
- Heat all of the rolls back on the grill or in the broiler for about 5-7 minutes to heat the ingredients and melt any cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Sweetness of Apples and Honey
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- BBQ Chicken Burgers with Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw
- Garlic Cherry Tomatoes – Perfect for the Casual Party
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Celery Pineapple Juice – Refreshing and Nutritious
- Red Onion Jam – For Sandwiches, Burgers & Hot Dogs
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Fire Cider or Four Thieves Cider – Helps Keep Your Family Healthy
- Chop and Drop – A Busy Person’s Best Friend
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.