Fire cider is a powerful immune-booster that can also help in digestion and keep colds and flu at bay, boost circulation and relieve seasonal allergies and sinus infections.
The Story of Four Thieves
During the great plague of London in 1066, four thieves plundered the homes of the dead and dying evading the virus. Upon capture, they offered their secret in exchange for release.
There have been many versions of the recipe since the bubonic plague but this version currently called Fire Cider, I’ve made for many years has kept me, my family, and everyone who uses it cold and flu-free.
Fire Cider Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Ginger Root = a warming circulatory herb, wonderful for nausea
- 1/2 cup Garlic = called the “poor mans penicillin”. It has broad-spectrum antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- 1/2 cup Horseradish = the #1 herb for combating sinus congestion and headaches.
- 1 TBS Turmeric = anti-inflammatory elements
- 1 Onion = similar benefits as garlic in fighting cold and flu.
- 1 TBS fresh Oregano and Rosemary = antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- 1 tsp Black Pepper and Cayenne pepper = to move blood
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or a Cinnamon stick = helps to stabilize blood sugars.
- (optional) – 1/2 cup Beet Root = anti-inflammatory effect
- Place all ingredients in a size Mason jar. Fill completely to the top with Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Put in the Fridge and shake every time you get in the fridge for 2-4 weeks.
- Strain the liquid and put it into smaller mason jars. Label with date and content
- Use the chopped ingredients for stir-fries and soups.
Whenever you’re ‘feeling’ under the weather or a cold/flu bug coming on … take a tsp of your homemade remedy as often as needed.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Carrot Beet Celery Root Juice – A Nutrient Booster
- Organic Celery – Why You Need More Of It
- Carrot Quinoa Muffins – Loaded with Protein and Fiber
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Easy to Make – Scrumptious Laden Sweet Potato Nachos
- Green Green Juice – Get the Extra Greens
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Green Pepper Hot Sauce – Instant and Homemade
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
- Roasted Root Vegetables A Simple Yet Healthy Meal
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.