These Maple Persimmon Muffins just scream Autumn! They make a great grab and go breakfast are a healthy snack.
Persimmons have a load of nutrients packed into that beautiful orange ball. The orange color means it is high in vitamin A and beta carotene.
They are also low in calories and high in fiber. All of which makes them great for heart health and reducing antioxidative stress which can contribute to a whole slew of health issues.
Maple Persimmon Muffins Ingredients
- 3 persimmons (Fuyu or fully ripe Hachiya)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (or any type of milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper wrappers or grease well.
- Cut persimmons into wedges and remove the leaves. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Mix in baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla to persimmon puree. Blend until smooth.
- Fold persimmon mixture into dry ingredients until smooth. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until golden 20-25 minutes.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Awesome Green Juice – For the Rest Of Us
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Summer Fruit Clafouti – A Pancake And Pudding
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Persimmon Smoothie Bowl – Delicious Breakfast or Dessert
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Baked Halibut Zucchini and Carrots – A Complete Meal
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Fuyu Persimmon – A Popular Harvest2U Organic Fruit
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.