These Maple Persimmon Muffins just scream Autumn! They make a great grab and go breakfast are a healthy snack.
Persimmons have a load of nutrients packed into that beautiful orange ball. The orange color means it is high in vitamin A and beta carotene.
They are also low in calories and high in fiber. All of which makes them great for heart health and reducing antioxidative stress which can contribute to a whole slew of health issues.
Maple Persimmon Muffins Ingredients
- 3 persimmons (Fuyu or fully ripe Hachiya)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (or any type of milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper wrappers or grease well.
- Cut persimmons into wedges and remove the leaves. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Mix in baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla to persimmon puree. Blend until smooth.
- Fold persimmon mixture into dry ingredients until smooth. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until golden 20-25 minutes.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
Chef Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U.
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.