Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
These Maple Persimmon Muffins just scream Autumn! They make a great grab and go breakfast are a healthy snack.
Persimmons have a load of nutrients packed into that beautiful orange ball. The orange color means it is high in vitamin A and beta carotene.
They are also low in calories and high in fiber. All of which makes them great for heart health and reducing antioxidative stress which can contribute to a whole slew of health issues.
Maple Persimmon Muffins Ingredients
- 3 persimmons (Fuyu or fully ripe Hachiya)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (or any type of milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper wrappers or grease well.
- Cut persimmons into wedges and remove the leaves. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Mix in baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla to persimmon puree. Blend until smooth.
- Fold persimmon mixture into dry ingredients until smooth. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until golden 20-25 minutes.
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Awesome Green Juice – For the Rest Of Us
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Summer Fruit Clafouti – A Pancake And Pudding
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Persimmon Smoothie Bowl – Delicious Breakfast or Dessert
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Baked Halibut Zucchini and Carrots – A Complete Meal
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Fuyu Persimmon – A Popular Harvest2U Organic Fruit
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
Am I missing something? Recipe does not say how much persimmons in ingrediants
Oops! It’s there now. 3 persimmons. That you for letting us know.
The batter was soupy, and the muffins did not rise. Is it really only 3/4 cup of flour? That is less flour (especially considering the liquid ingredients) than any other muffin recipe I have made, but I didn’t want to mess with the ratios the first time I tried it.
Thank you, Lori Ann. We will look into this and make corrections.