Organic Celery is making a comeback in 2019, being recognized by many reputable nutritionists, dieticians, and holistic wellness doctors as one of nature’s most powerful and effective healing foods. And it’s readily available year-round in most parts of the United States. The problem is, with harmful industrial farming methods, long transport, and lengthy storage times, by the time it reaches the shelf in the supermarket there is little to no nutritional value left. This makes it challenging for most people to capitalize on the benefits of this highly underestimated vegetable.
Where To Find Good Organic Celery
The only organic celery worth your money will be found from small local farms, farmers markets, and CSA delivery services, like Harvest2U. “The organic celery we grow here locally at our Harvest2U farm is short, leafy, and dark green as it should be. Not like the typical industrial celery, most people are used to seeing which is long and blanched in color,” says farmer and Harvest2U CEO, Randy Farrar. Both the leaves and stalk of celery are suitable for juicing, salads, soups, and edible garnish. The benefits of purchasing celery and other produce from local farmers far outweigh the convenience of a trip to your mainstream grocery stores. The big ones are that you are supporting your local economy (your neighbors!), and you are also able to eat fruits and veggies much closer to the harvest date, thus making them more flavorful and nutrient dense. This means the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are still in abundance and have not died off yet.
Why You Need More Celery
In addition to high doses of vitamin K, folate, fiber, potassium, and B and C vitamins, celery boasts an abundance of antioxidants in the form of phenolic nutrients. These anti-inflammatory super-antioxidants protect us against unwanted oxidative damage to our cells, blood vessels, and organ systems. Celery also contains rare super antioxidants called non-starch polysaccharides, which make a powerful ally in digestive tract support and mood enhancement. They provide celery with its one-of-a-kind structure and are not made from simple sugars but rather from pectin’s, which can support healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Other health benefits can include:
- prevention and treatment of ulcers
- kidney health and liver disease prevention
- weight loss aid
- UTI protection
- shown to reduce high cholesterol
Organic Celery Anti-Inflammatory Juice Recipe
Try this recipe for Carmen’s anti-inflammatory veggie juice that can also be used as a base for a unique take on Bloody Mary drink mix. Just add your favorite homemade (or canned) tomato juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, pink salt, onion powder, and vodka to taste. Garnish with a celery stalk and anything else you love. Use all organic produce.
Celery Anti-Inflammatory Juice Ingredients
- 8-10 medium/large carrots
- 2-4 stalks of celery with leaves (to preferred taste)
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1-2 raw, peeled beets
- 1-2 cloves peeled garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 inch peeled ginger root
- ½ lemon
- Juice all ingredients.
- Stir and enjoy it.
Store in a glass mason jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For more Organic Celery recipes and information go here »
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Vitamin C – A Critical Component for Your Body
- Pomegranate Marinade – A Powerful Antioxidant Boost
- The Blood Orange – Many Health Benefits
- Berry Minty Juice
- Black Beans Kale Tomatoes
- Celery Pineapple Juice
- Apple Pomegranate Juice – Full of Antioxidants
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Homemade Pasta
- Add Winter Squash to Your Meals For A Health Boost
- Red Onion Jam – For Sandwiches, Burgers & Hot Dogs
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Carrot Zucchini Ribbons – A Healthy Addition To Summer’s Grilled Foods
- Waldorf Chicken Salad-Serve It As a Sandwich or Wrap
- Roasted Garlic Turnip Dip – A Healthy Dip Alternative