This Roasted Garlic Turnip Dip is one of those recipes that you may not want to mention the ingredients unless they ask. Basically, it is just mashed roasted turnips and garlic. But, serve it with chips or veggie sticks and it becomes a flavorful dip that people will rave over. I also used it as a sandwich spread instead of mayo or mustard.
Turnips are low-calorie nutritional wonders, loaded with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and fiber. Roasting them and a few cloves of garlic mellows the flavor of both giving this dip a wonderful depth of flavor.
Roasted Garlic Turnip Dip Ingredients
- 3 or 4 medium turnips
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off the turnips, then peel and cut into large chunks.
- Roast the turnip pieces and garlic on a baking sheet at 350 degrees until tender and beginning to brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse the turnips and garlic a few times to cut them into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Kids LOVE Veggies (right!)
- No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade with Wine
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Hasselback Turnips – Less Carbs and Calories Than Potatoes
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
- 15 Radish Recipes to Break Out of the Salad Rut
- Five Creative Ways to Use Kohlrabi
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Organic Avocados – 7 Delicious Ways to Enjoy
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Broccoli Carrot Salad – Loaded with Fiber and Antioxidants