This simple preparation of herb and garlic spaghetti squash is delicious as a side dish on its own, or toss it in a green salad for added flavor and texture.
Spaghetti squash is nutritionally better than white pasta, which doesn’t contain much nutritional content or vitamins. Spaghetti squash contains vitamin A and vitamin C, which can help prevent free radical damage to cells. This squash is also rich in the B vitamins riboflavin, niacin, and thiamin, which promote optimal cellular function.
Herb and Garlic Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, basil, cilantro, chives, etc.)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Cut off the top of the squash. Slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard (or toast them for a tasty snack).
- With a fork, poke a few holes in the skin of the squash. Place on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil.
- Bake until fork-tender, about 45-55 minutes. If your squash is relatively small you want to start checking for doneness about 40 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, chop herbs and garlic, and put in a bowl.
- With a fork, scrape the inside of the squash against the grain to loosen the strands so it resembles spaghetti. Put in the bowl with the herbs and garlic and mix until combined.
- Add Parmesan cheese if desired.
See other Harvest2U Squash recipes here
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Basic Green Juice – But Easy to Love and Make
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
FREE Weekly Video Recipe Series
Sign-up for our 30-second (all under a minute) video recipe series is designed to provide you an easy way to use Harvest2U’s locally grown organic produce.