This simple preparation of herb and garlic spaghetti squash is delicious as a side dish on its own, or toss it in a green salad for added flavor and texture.
Spaghetti squash is nutritionally better to white pasta, which doesn’t contain much nutritional content or vitamins. Spaghetti squash contains vitamin A and vitamin C, which can help prevent free radical damage to cells. This squash is also rich in the B vitamins riboflavin, niacin, and thiamin, which promote optimal cellular function.
Herb and Garlic Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, basil, cilantro, chives, etc.)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Cut off the top of the squash. Slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard (or toast them for a tasty snack).
- With a fork, poke a few holes in the skin of the squash. Place on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil.
- Bake until fork-tender, about 45-55 minutes. If your squash is relatively small you want to start checking for doneness about 40 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, chop herbs and garlic, and put in a bowl.
- With a fork, scrape the inside of the squash against the grain to loosen the strands so it resembles spaghetti. Put in the bowl with the herbs and garlic and mix until combined.
- Add Parmesan cheese if desired.
See other Harvest2U Squash recipes here
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Basic Green Juice – But Easy to Love and Make
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.