Let’s face it most of us think of either avocado toast or guacamole when we think of organic avocados. I admit that is how I usually use them. But there are so many other delicious ways to enjoy these amazingly healthy fruits.
The Avocado is a dense nutrient superfood. Half of the calories may be fat, but it is heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. And that healthy fat helps the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as A, K, and E. They are also a good source of fiber and folate.
New Ways to Add More Organic Avocados into Your Diet
You can’t juice an avocado, at least not easily. But they are marvelous in smoothies adding a creamy texture without the need for dairy products. Try this Berry California Smoothie recipe from California Avocados
That lovely little cavity left by the pit makes avocados perfect for filling. You want to scoop a bit more of the avocado out of the middle, and then you can fill it with an almost endless possibility of ingredients. One to try: Avocado Shrimp Boats
I don’t mean a stuffing like you would put in the turkey at Thanksgiving. But avocados can be sliced, diced, or chopped and put in a variety of containers such as these Yams Stuffed with Avocado or these Avocado and Vegetable Spring Rolls.
Have you ever had avocados for dessert? You need to try it. They can be used as a base for creamy puddings and pie fillings like this Chocolate Chia Pudding or Maple Avocado Pie. They can also be used as a substitute for some of the butter and shortening in baked goods like this Avocado Cake with Raspberry Filling.
Feel free to enjoy your avocado toast and guacamole, they are delicious and easy to prepare. But, be sure to try some of these other ideas for organic avocados as well. You won’t regret it.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Zucchini Salsa – Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Review – Custom Harvest – Sarah D
- Strawberry Rosemary Wine Slushies – Beat The Heat
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- A Great Alternative to Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad – Incredibly Nutrient Dense
- Broccoli Apple Juice – A Taste That Will Delight and Surprise
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Beet Pear Salad For The Next Generation
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Citrus Salsa – A Bright Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Organic Lemons Are Great For Your Health
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Waldorf Chicken Salad-Serve It As a Sandwich or Wrap
- Cucumber Orange Grapefruit Juice – A Nutrient Bomb
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.