This healthy vegetarian baked avocado and vegetable egg rolls recipe can be made with just about anything you happen to have on hand. The creamy avocado mixes nicely with the crunch of the shell and vegetables. But, the avocado does not reheat well, so only make enough to serve immediately. The sambal oelek in the sauce is a chili paste that can be found in the Asian food aisle of most grocery stores.
I baked these, but frying is actually not as unhealthy as you may think since they only need to fry for a few minutes to get crispy. Just follow the directions on the egg roll wrappers.
Baked Avocado and Vegetable Egg Rolls Ingredients
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced into 8 pieces each
- 1-2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms sliced thinly (about 8)
- 2 carrots, shredded or cut into matchsticks
- 1-2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- non-stick spray
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place an egg roll wrapper like a diamond in front of you.
- Layer the avocado and vegetables lengthwise in the center. Fold the bottom up, then sides in, then roll.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Spray with non-stick spray (or brush with olive oil).
- Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- While egg rolls are baking, combine dipping sauce ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Maple Cinnamon Squash – Preparing Winter Squash Simply
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Easy to Make – Scrumptious Laden Sweet Potato Nachos
- Local Duck Eggs
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
- Asian Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Sunrise Mix Juice – A Full Sweet Potato Meal
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
- Whole Grain Avocado Pancakes – Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins and Nutrients
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own