Watermelon Cucumber Cups are a fun appetizer or salad for your summer entertaining. The sweet watermelon, salty feta, and lemony dressing all come together in a fun presentation called Watermelon Cucumber Cups.
Watermelon and cucumbers are both a part of the Cucurbitaceae family that includes squash and gourds too. Both cucumbers and watermelon are high in water content, which is perfect for helping keep hydrated during the hot summer months when they are at their peak. Cucumbers are also a good source of potassium and vitamin K while watermelon provides vitamins A and C and a nice dose of lycopene as well.
If you don’t feel like making the cups, you can always chop up the cucumbers and add them to the watermelon and feta for a salad.
Watermelon Cucumber Cups Ingredients
- 5-6 large cucumbers (2-3 if just making a salad)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 4-5 cups watermelon, chopped into small pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- To prepare the cucumber cups: peel the cucumbers, cut off the ends, and cut the cucumber into 2-inch pieces.
- Carefully scoop out the center of the pieces leaving at least 1/4 inch on the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add watermelon pieces and half of the feta. Stir to coat.
- Fill the cucumber cups with the watermelon.
- Drizzle with any remaining dressing and sprinkle with the remaining feta.
- Serve immediately.
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Creamy Chipotle Spinach Dip – A Healthy Dip
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Sheet Pan Roast Chicken and Summer Vegetables
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Pear Cucumber Juice – Simple and Nutritious
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Dairy Free Cucumber Salad – Hungarian Uborkasalata
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Ambrosia Parfaits – Healthy and No Sugar Added
- Apple Watermelon Juice For Refreshing Hydration
- Pickled Radishes – A Way to Store This Wonderful Vegetable
- Greek Lemon Oregano Kebabs – Antibacterial Compounds
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Arugula Strawberry Salad – With Salmon
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich