Thought you didn’t like beets? Try this beet pear salad and you’ll change your mind! The combination of the beet pear guava and peppers makes this dish unbelievable.
Beet Pear Salad Ingredients:
- One large organic beet, (or 2-3 smaller) boiled and peeled (use one large beet for two servings)
- 2 – 3 fresh organic guavas
- One fresh red, serrano, or jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 small, organic pear
- Two tsps of Temecula Olive Oil
- a little cilantro chopped
- One pinch of salt
- One pinch of fresh black pepper
- goat cheese
- 1 lime
- Slice the boiled beet into half-inch slices and arrange a couple of slices on individual plates.
- Place goat cheese in the center of the beet slices.
- Drizzle with a little Temecula Olive Oil, sprinkle with salt and add a few slices of pepper.
- Place pear slices over the cheese and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Blend guava fruit (use a bullet or food processor).
- Add a tiny amount of water, and a small amount of lime juice.
- Blend well, then pour the pulp into a fine strainer, push through with a spoon to make sure to get all the fruit.
- Drizzle over your salad, and top it off with some fresh cracked pepper.
Now THAT’s a beet salad.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.