Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
Creamy Keto Braised Celery is a delicious side dish for any meal. It can easily be doubled or tripled for holidays or other parties.
In addition to high doses of vitamin K, folate, fiber, potassium, and B and C vitamins, celery boasts an abundance of antioxidants that protect against unwanted oxidative damage to our cells, blood vessels, and organ systems.
Creamy Keto Braised Celery Ingredients
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (chives, rosemary, basil, oregano, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut celery into 2-inch pieces. Finely chop onions.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute celery and onions until softened, 7-10 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat. Simmer until celery is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- While celery is cooking, combine butter and flour into a paste.
- When celery is tender, whisk in the butter mixture until dissolved. Stir in cream and herbs. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.
- Braised Chicken With Celery Root And Garlic
- Colcannon – Side Dish of Irish Potatoes and Kale
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado – Super Simple
- Zucchini Salsa – Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Fritters Using Organic Produce
- Organic Avocados – 7 Delicious Ways to Enjoy
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Homemade Stock and Soup – Make Your Own
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
Leave a Comment