Creamy Keto Braised Celery is a delicious side dish for any meal. It can easily be doubled or tripled for holidays or other parties.
In addition to high doses of vitamin K, folate, fiber, potassium, and B and C vitamins, celery boasts an abundance of antioxidants that protect against unwanted oxidative damage to our cells, blood vessels, and organ systems.
Creamy Keto Braised Celery Ingredients
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (chives, rosemary, basil, oregano, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut celery into 2-inch pieces. Finely chop onions.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute celery and onions until softened, 7-10 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat. Simmer until celery is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- While celery is cooking, combine butter and flour into a paste.
- When celery is tender, whisk in the butter mixture until dissolved. Stir in cream and herbs. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Braised Chicken With Celery Root And Garlic
- Colcannon – Side Dish of Irish Potatoes and Kale
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado – Super Simple
- Zucchini Salsa – Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Fritters Using Organic Produce
- Organic Avocados – 7 Delicious Ways to Enjoy
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Homemade Stock and Soup – Make Your Own
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.