Have you ever been a “star” in the kitchen? This recipe with braised chicken celery root garlic will do it.
Braised Chicken Celery Root Garlic Ingredients:
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (you choose: breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- one tbs Olive Oil
- one tbs unsalted butter
- celery root (celeriac), peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 1 1/4 cups chicken bone broth from Harvest2U
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over dry chicken. Heat oil in your momma’s favorite skillet over medium-high heat until hot (but not smoking). Brown your beautiful chicken, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate for later. Keep about 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- In a skillet, add butter and heat until foam subsides. Sauté the celery root and garlic, frequently stirring, until the root is browned. About 5 minutes.
- Add bone broth and thyme. Deglaze by boiling, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, 1 minute. Return the chicken (and juices) to the skillet. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through. Maybe 15 to 25 minutes. As the chicken pieces are cooked, transfer them to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- After all the chicken pieces are done cooking, transfer sauce, and vegetables to bowl with chicken, discarding the thyme.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Sunrise Mix Juice – A Full Sweet Potato Meal
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Hasselback Turnips – Less Carbs and Calories Than Potatoes
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Carrot Tomato Celery Juice
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste