This Spring Garlic Kale Soup is loaded with wonderful spring produce and cooks up in less than 20 minutes.
Spring garlic (or green garlic) is merely immature garlic that is removed by the farmer to give the other plants more room to grow. It has a slightly milder garlic taste, and you can chop up the softer green stem like you would other alliums like leeks and green onions. If it isn’t in season, use a few cloves of garlic instead.
Use any green you desire from kale to spinach to chard; each will add a unique flavor and slightly different nutrition though all greens are loaded with lutein, antioxidants, and fiber.
Spring Garlic Kale Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads spring garlic (or 2-3 cloves mature garlic), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1-quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch kale, thick center stems removed
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add spring garlic, oregano, and rosemary.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until garlic begins to turn translucent.
- Add broth and juice from the lemon—Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add kale leaves and cook until leaves are tender about 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree. Or put into blender or food processor and blend.
- Add salt to taste.
- Carrot Puff Casserole
- Strawberry Grapefruit Granita
- Zucchini Salsa – Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or SaladsSweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Black Beans Kale
- Caldo Verde – Potato and Kale Soup
- Organic Celery – Why You Need More Of It
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Carrot Kohlrabi Soup – Perfect for Cold Winter Nights
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Roasted Garlic Turnip Dip – A Healthy Dip Alternative
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Creamy Chipotle Spinach Dip – A Healthy Dip
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Green Goddess Dressing – Boost Your Immune System
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise