Strawberry Grapefruit Granita is a great way to use your organic fruits. It is a healthier snow cone type dessert using fresh fruit. Serve it in crystal glasses for dessert at a formal dinner party or some paper cups to enjoy the poolside in the heat of summer. Either way, it is a light and refreshing treat.
I combined some sweet organic strawberries and tart grapefruit, but you can use any organic fruit you wish.
You may vary the amount of sugar (or your preferred non-sugar sweetener) you use depending on the sweetness of the fruit. The grapefruit juice needed a bit more than orange juice would, for example.
Strawberry Grapefruit Granita Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2-3 fresh grapefruit
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar or your favorite non-sugar sweetener
- Mint, basil or lavender sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Clean and remove stems from strawberries.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Squeeze grapefruit to get about 1 cup of fresh grapefruit juice.
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water.
- Combine strawberry puree, grapefruit juice, and sugar water.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 pan and freeze until hard (3-4 hours).
- To serve, scrape with a fork, spoon into glasses and garnish if desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.