Arugula strawberry salad is everything we want in a summer meal: Fast, easy, and super fresh.
This peppery arugula strawberry salad is super uncomplicated. Greens, avocado, strawberries, and red onion, tossed together with the balsamic vinaigrette and enjoyed with bites of crispy grilled salmon. Optionally you can add pistachios and/or feta. Add/substitute/make changes as desired!
Since garlic chives are a regular item in Harvest2U’s harvest boxes, it makes an excellent substitute for chives.
Arugula is a lesser-known cruciferous vegetable that provides many of the same benefits as the same family, such as kale, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
Arugula Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- 10 oz. arugula greens
- 16 oz. sliced strawberries
- 4 salmon pieces (approximately 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (a little more for drizzling)
- 2 lemons, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives (or garlic chives)
- black pepper
- Set and preheat oven to 450°.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 lemon slices on top of each salmon piece and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. (Time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish.)
- In the meantime, add balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a jar. Shake well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss arugula greens, strawberries with, and red onion.
- Divide salad greens between 4 plates and drizzle with dressing.
- Top with salmon and garnish with chives.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Simple Pesto Recipe – For Many Dishes
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- 8 Fig Recipes You’ll Find Nutritious and Tasty
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Dairy Free Cucumber Salad – Hungarian Uborkasalata
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – A Staple for The Family
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
- Strawberry Grapefruit Granita – A Light and Refreshing Treat
- Strawberry Rosemary Wine Slushies – Beat The Heat
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.