Arugula strawberry salad is everything we want in a summer meal: Fast, easy, and super fresh.
This peppery arugula strawberry salad is super uncomplicated. Greens, avocado, strawberries, and red onion, tossed together with the balsamic vinaigrette and enjoyed with bites of crispy grilled salmon. Optionally you can add pistachios and/or feta. Add/substitute/make changes as desired!
Since garlic chives are a regular item in Harvest2U’s harvest boxes, it makes an excellent substitute for chives.
Arugula is a lesser-known cruciferous vegetable that provides many of the same benefits as the same family, such as kale, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
Arugula Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- 10 oz. arugula greens
- 16 oz. sliced strawberries
- 4 salmon pieces (approximately 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (a little more for drizzling)
- 2 lemons, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives (or garlic chives)
- black pepper
- Set and preheat oven to 450°.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 lemon slices on top of each salmon piece and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. (Time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish.)
- In the meantime, add balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a jar. Shake well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss arugula greens, strawberries with and red onion.
- Divide salad greens between 4 plates and drizzle with dressing.
- Top with salmon and garnish with chives.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.