Try this black beans kale recipe. Since cooked kale has a mild flavor, it can be added to many dishes, and it will absorb the flavor of other foods. This way, you still get the nutrient-dense benefits of the kale.
Kale is a Brassica plant and is part of the same family as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and collard greens. Its nutrient properties and antioxidants make kale an excellent anti-inflammatory. Plants high in antioxidants are great cancer fighters. There are far too many reasons to eat kale than should be placed in a short blog!
Pairing kale with protein-rich beans is an excellent way to go…beans… any kind really…Pinto, Lentils, Black Beans. Here is one of our favorite recipes.
Black Beans Kale Ingredients
- 2 Cups of Black Beans, sorted, cleaned and washed
- Onion, chopped
- Bunch of Kale, ribs and steams removed
- Roma Tomato, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- Soak the Black Beans overnight if possible, but a couple of hours will do fine.
- After they have soaked, rinse them and put in a pot with about 8 cups of water (NOTE: if during the cooking process the water runs low add more hot water).
- Cook until the beans are soft. Depending on how long you soak your beans, the cooking time will vary. Wait until the beans are done. Then taste to see if they need salt. D Set the beans aside.
- Heat your Olive Oil and add the veggies. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, liquid and all. Taste again and season as desired and add the Oregano
- Cook for about 8 minutes
- Serve over some brown rice, white rice, or quinoa.
- BBQ Chicken Burgers with Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Dairy Free Cucumber Salad – Hungarian Uborkasalata
- Garlic Cherry Tomatoes – Perfect for the Casual Party
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Black Bean Zucchini Quesadillas – Kid-Friendly
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Organic Lemons Are Great For Your Health
- Spinach Watercress Juice – A Blood Cleanser
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed