This easy shrimp and avocado salad make a fun presentation on top of the avocado halves, or you can just slice up the avocado and add it to the shrimp and serve on lettuce. Avocados are incredibly nutrient-dense with over 20 vitamins in minerals packed inside that lovely green skin.
This looks best with small shrimp, for this recipe. If you have larger shrimp, cut them into halves or thirds.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 pound small cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup radishes, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, chives, etc.)
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or Cajun seasoning or curry powder or other spice blends)
- 2 very ripe avocados
- paprika or seasoned salt above for decoration (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except avocados in a bowl.
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pit.
- Place avocados on a plate and top with shrimp salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika or seasoning for garnish if desired.
- Whole Grain Avocado Pancakes – Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Green Bean Apple Saute’
- Radish Fritters – Delicious Way to Enjoy These Red Bulbs
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
- Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 15 Radish Recipes to Break Out of the Salad Rut
- Rosemary Fermented Carrots – Helps Overall Health
- Dairy Free Cucumber Salad – Hungarian Uborkasalata
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
FREE Weekly Video Recipe Series
Sign-up for our 30-second (all under a minute) video recipe series is designed to provide you an easy way to use Harvest2U’s locally grown organic produce.