This Carrot Kohlrabi Soup is a healthy vegetarian soup perfect for cold winter nights. Cooking the vegetables in the olive oil for 7-8 minutes before adding the broth helps roast the vegetables bringing out their sweetness.
Save the fennel stalks for another recipe (like homemade stock), use the white part in the soup and top with some of the fronds. If you don’t have a fennel bulb, you can substitute a chopped onion and garlic for some added flavor.
Carrot Kohlrabi Soup Ingredients
- 3-4 cups carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 cups kohlrabi, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into large pieces (core removed, fronds saved for serving)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-quart vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- add sea salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high. Add fennel and cook for 2 minutes until beginning to turn translucent.
- Add carrots and kohlrabi and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, bay leaves and parsley. Bring to a boil – reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until vegetables are soft. Remove bay leaves.
- Puree with an immersion blender, blender or food processor. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with fennel fronds on top.
See more soup recipes »
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Simple and Healthy
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Dehydrating Herbs for Year-Round Flavor
- Five Ways to Use Kohlrabi
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Fennel Spinach Cucumber Juice