Carrot Zucchini Ribbons makes a quick side salad and a great addition to summer’s grilled foods.
Cutting the vegetables into ribbons with a vegetable peeler makes for a nice presentation. If you want to get out of the kitchen a little faster, shred the vegetables with a grater or slice into disks. The taste will be the same, but you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Cooking tip: leave the top end of the carrots and zucchini to give you a little something to hold onto while peeling.
Carrot Zucchini Ribbons Ingredients
- 4-5 medium carrots
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided use)
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon cumin (more or less to taste)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Scrub carrots of all dirt and roots. Trim off root tip. Peel into ribbons.
- Trim off the blossom end of the zucchini. Peel into ribbons.
- Toss carrots and zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a large skillet add heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Toast almonds for a few minutes, watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove almonds from pan. Add carrots, zucchini, and spices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until as soft as you like. Top with almonds and serve immediately.
Other Havest2U Salad Recipes
The renowned chef Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U.
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and over priced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes. Local source: Harvest2U, a Temecula Organic produce company.