Carrot Zucchini Ribbons makes a quick side salad and a great addition to summer’s grilled foods.
Cutting the vegetables into ribbons with a vegetable peeler makes for a nice presentation. If you want to get out of the kitchen a little faster, shred the vegetables with a grater or slice into disks. The taste will be the same, but you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Cooking tip: leave the top end of the carrots and zucchini to give you a little something to hold onto while peeling.
Carrot Zucchini Ribbons Ingredients
- 4-5 medium carrots
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided use)
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon cumin (more or less to taste)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Scrub carrots of all dirt and roots. Trim off root tip. Peel into ribbons.
- Trim off the blossom end of the zucchini. Peel into ribbons.
- Toss carrots and zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a large skillet add heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Toast almonds for a few minutes, watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove almonds from pan. Add carrots, zucchini, and spices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until as soft as you like. Top with almonds and serve immediately.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Hasselback Turnips – Less Carbs and Calories Than Potatoes
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Black Beans Kale Tomatoes – A Simple Nutrient-Dense Meal
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.