Carrot Zucchini Ribbons – A Healthy Addition To Summer’s Grilled Foods
Carrot Zucchini Ribbons makes a quick side salad and a great addition to summer’s grilled foods.
Cutting the vegetables into ribbons with a vegetable peeler makes for a nice presentation. If you want to get out of the kitchen a little faster, shred the vegetables with a grater or slice into disks. The taste will be the same, but you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Cooking tip: leave the top end of the carrots and zucchini to give you a little something to hold onto while peeling.
Carrot Zucchini Ribbons Ingredients
- 4-5 medium carrots
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided use)
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon cumin (more or less to taste)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Scrub carrots of all dirt and roots. Trim off root tip. Peel into ribbons.
- Trim off the blossom end of the zucchini. Peel into ribbons.
- Toss carrots and zucchini with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a large skillet add heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Toast almonds for a few minutes, watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove almonds from pan. Add carrots, zucchini, and spices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until as soft as you like. Top with almonds and serve immediately.
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Hasselback Turnips – Less Carbs and Calories Than Potatoes
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Black Beans Kale Tomatoes – A Simple Nutrient-Dense Meal
Leave a Comment