Our Almond Mayo recipe brings you wonderful flavor without the negatives associated with store-bought mayonnaise. Use this to top your vegetables as well as a spread. Go nuts and eat your heart out!
Almond Mayo Ingredients
- Cup raw almonds, soaked 8-12 hours, drained
- 1 Tbsp organic cider vinegar
- Cup fresh organic orange juice
- 2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cup sunflower oil or grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil, liquid
- ¼ cup fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp agave
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp mustard
First step, Blend in your blender until desired consistency. (and ONLY step – pretty tough, huh?)
Raw almonds contain unsaturated fats, Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, vitamin E, plant sterols (can lower cholesterol), L-aginine (promotes healthy arteries). So yes, eat to your heart’s content!