Who wouldn’t want to try orange looking nachos? The Sweet Potato Nachos, seasoned, with the cheese creates an excellent combination of fun sports day or snack appetizer! If you want bite-sized scoops of pleasant spicy-sweet flavor, laden with flavorful toppings, here it is.
Use Your Favorite Salsa for Sweet Potato Nachos
For this, Sweet Potato Nachos dish, use any of your favorite salsas. This recipe makes things easy – go sweet if you like it fruity, or go with a classic tomato-based salsa.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup low-fat cheese
- ½ avocado
- Pico de Gallo (optional)
- Green onion, the garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
- Evenly slice sweet potatoes into ” rounds.”
- Mix the sweet potatoes ” rounds ” in a bowl with 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Add in garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika until well-mixed.
- Lay rounds flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- On a second parchment-lined baking sheet, season chicken breast with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Wrap the parchment around the chicken, folding at the edges.
- Bake the chicken and sweet potatoes and in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices are clear.
- Allow both to cool. Then, shred the chicken using two forks.
- Line the bottom of a medium-sized skillet with the sweet potato rounds. Top with shredded chicken, black beans, jalapeño if desired, and cheese. Broil for 5-12 minutes or until toppings are heated through, and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado, Pico de gallo, and green onion, if desired.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes. Local source: Harvest2U, a Temecula Organic produce company