When summer heats up, this sheet pan roast chicken and summer vegetables make the perfect quick and healthy meal. Fresh herbs with chicken and seasonal vegetables roasted together in one pan for quick clean up.
The bright colors of summer vegetables like eggplant, summer squashes, and tomatoes are loaded with health-boosting antioxidants. Plus they have plenty of fiber and an assortment of vitamins and minerals.
You can serve sheet pan roast chicken as is for a low carb meal, or with your favorite grains such as rice or quinoa.
Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Ingredients
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs (basil, chives, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 pound summer squash
- 1 pound Chinese or Italian eggplant
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or 2-3 tomatoes)
- 1/2 pound mini bell peppers any color (or 2-3 bell peppers)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop fresh herbs and garlic. In a large bowl combine herbs, garlic, and olive oil.
- Pound chicken until evenly thick and add to the bowl with herbs and garlic.
- Cut squash and eggplant into large chunks.
- Cut onions into thin strips.
- Cut mini bell peppers in half and remove seeds. If using large peppers and/or tomatoes cut into large chunks.
- Add vegetables to the bowl and toss until coated.
- Spread chicken, squash and eggplant on the baking sheet. Top with tomatoes, peppers, and onion.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great For Brunch Or A Side Dish For Lunch Or Dinner
- Natural Spa Treatments – Using 8 Harvest2U Box Ingredients
- Colcannon – Irish Potatoes and Kale
- Grilled Summer Squash and Quinoa – Source Of Fiber
- Green Pepper Hot Sauce – Instant and Homemade
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Zucchini Salsa – Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Spring Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos