When summer heats up, this sheet pan roast chicken and summer vegetables make the perfect quick and healthy meal. Fresh herbs with chicken and seasonal vegetables roasted together in one pan for quick clean up.
The bright colors of summer vegetables like eggplant, summer squashes, and tomatoes are loaded with health-boosting antioxidants. Plus they have plenty of fiber and an assortment of vitamins and minerals.
You can serve sheet pan roast chicken as is for a low carb meal, or with your favorite grains such as rice or quinoa.
Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Ingredients
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs (basil, chives, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 pound summer squash
- 1 pound Chinese or Italian eggplant
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or 2-3 tomatoes)
- 1/2 pound mini bell peppers any color (or 2-3 bell peppers)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop fresh herbs and garlic. In a large bowl combine herbs, garlic, and olive oil.
- Pound chicken until evenly thick and add to the bowl with herbs and garlic.
- Cut squash and eggplant into large chunks.
- Cut onions into thin strips.
- Cut mini bell peppers in half and remove seeds. If using large peppers and/or tomatoes cut into large chunks.
- Add vegetables to the bowl and toss until coated.
- Spread chicken, squash and eggplant on the baking sheet. Top with tomatoes, peppers, and onion.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- 30 Minute Dinners – Healthy Alternatives to Grabbing Fast Food
- 8 Fig Recipes You’ll Find Nutritious and Tasty
- Easy to Make – Scrumptious Laden Sweet Potato Nachos
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Summer Fruit Clafouti – A Pancake And Pudding
- Chop and Drop – A Busy Person’s Best Friend
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
FREE Weekly Video Recipe Series
Sign-up for our 30-second (all under a minute) video recipe series is designed to provide you an easy way to use Harvest2U’s locally grown organic produce.