Radishes Beets Squash Stew – A Favorite Comfort Food
This Radishes Beets Squash Stew will become your family’s favorite “comfort food.”
Use radishes, beets, and squash to make this fantastic and easy-to-prepare stew. Additionally, it’s a healthy and easy one-pot meal. Due to the raisins, lemons, and honey, this dish has a Moroccan feel. Include a bed of couscous and top with cilantro and almond slivers.
Radishes Beets Squash Stew Ingredients:
For the stew:
- 1 pound radishes (2 bunches), stems trimmed and halved
- large butternut squash
- tbl Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup chili paste, plus more for serving (or substitute your favorite hot sauce)
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- tsp paprika
- 1 pound beets, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbs pink sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- tsp ground coriander
- tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tbs honey
- zest of 1 lemon, (1-1/2 tsp)
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
For the stew:
- Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler. Trim the top and bottom. Cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-inch cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Toss in the onion and cook, occasionally stirring, until softened. Add garlic, salt, coriander, cumin, and paprika. Stir to combine. Cook, occasionally stirring, until the garlic and spices are fragrant. About 1 minute.
- Add beets, water, and chili paste. Stir and bring to a simmer and cook, occasionally stirring, until the beets are slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the squash, radishes, chickpeas, raisins, and honey and stir to combine. Return the mixture to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, stirring as needed making sure to stir to the bottom of the pot to rotate the vegetables evenly until the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Salt as needed. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest.
- Spoon the stew over the couscous and sprinkle with the almonds and cilantro.
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Beetroots and Beet Greens – 2 Powerful Allies for Health
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Edible Flowers – Not Just a Modern Food Trend
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
Leave a Comment