Spinach Shrimp Frittata is a quick one-pan meal that is delicious for breakfast, brunch, or a vegetarian dinner.
This recipe uses tender Spring organic spinach, but you can swap other greens such as kale, turnip, or mustard greens. Dark green leafy vegetables are a vital part of a healthy diet. They are loaded with fiber, folate and carotenoids, vitamins C and K, and minerals iron and calcium.
For extra color and some heart-healthy fats and other nutrients, as well as fantastic taste, add some sliced avocado on top just before serving.
Spinach Shrimp Frittata Ingredients
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4-6 ounces fresh spinach, cut in bite-sized pieces if needed
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook shrimp until turning pink, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly stir in eggs and cheese.
- Immediately move the skillet to the preheated oven (use a potholder!) and cook until eggs are set on top.
- Serve with avocado slices on top if desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.