Chili Peppers – 25 Delightful Vitamin Rich Recipes
Hot chili peppers are a wonderful way to add a spicy flavor to your dishes as well as nutritional benefits. The Capsicum genus originated in the Americas and spread throughout the world after the Columbian Exchange resulting in the wide variety of colors, shapes, and heat levels we see today.
Chili versus Chilli versus Chile
Which is the correct spelling? It depends on where you are from. In the US “chili” peppers is the term most often used. British English speakers add the extra l making it chili. And in most Spanish-speaking areas it is chile.
Chili Peppers Health Benefits
Hot peppers have vitamin C, B6, K, potassium, and copper among other vitamins and minerals. But, you would need to eat a lot of them to get a significant amount.
But, hot peppers do contain a number of powerful antioxidants such as the carotenoids that provide the colors (capsanthin and violaxanthin) and capsaicin which is the compound that gives it the hot flavor. These compounds help keep the free radicals in your body under control preventing a whole host of chronic diseases.
Chili Peppers Recipes
While chilies can be dried and crushed to add flavor to dishes, the recipes below are made with fresh chili peppers. Most of the recipes can be made with your choice of peppers, so feel free to experiment.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers from House of Nash Eats
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers from Savory Moments
- Pan Blistered Shishito Peppers with Ginger Ponzu Dipping Sauce from Take Two Tapas
- Poblano Pepper Skillet Dip from Take Two Tapas
- Chili Pepper Simple Syrup for drinks from Take Two Tapas
Soup with Chili Peppers
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- (Un)stuffed Banana Pepper Soup from Savory Moments
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup from That Recipe
- Spicy Cold Zucchini Soup from Harvest2U
- Chow Chow from Palatable Pastime
- Cowboy Candy (sweet Pickled Jalapenos) from Palatable Pastime
- Green Pepper Jelly from That Recipe
- Green Pepper Hot Sauce from Harvest2U
- Red Pepper Hot Sauce from That Recipe
- Charred Cauliflower and Shishito Peppers from Saveur
- Green Beans with Poblano Peppers from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Potato Salad with Shishito Peppers from Climbing Grier Mountain
- Sesame Soy Grilled Shishito Peppers from Harvest2U
- Zesty Cucumber Salad from Fresh April Flours
- Buffalo Blue Salad from Fresh April Flours
- Chile Relleno Casserole from That Recipe
- Mini Peppers and Spinach Quiche from The Art of Natural Living
- Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Shishito Peppers from Hearth and Vine
- Steak Fajita Nachos from The Art of Natural Living
- White Chicken Chili from Salt and Baker
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Leave a Comment