Spicy Cold Zucchini Soup – With a Spicy Kick
Spicy Cold Zucchini Soup is an easy cold blender soup with a spicy kick to it that is delightful in the heat of summer.
I used yellow zucchini to make this, but use your favorite summer squash or whatever you have on hand. Summer squashes are a good source of most vitamins and minerals, as well as being low in calorie and net carbs (4-5 per cup).
You can substitute jalapeno or another chile variety if that’s what you have. I recommend adding half of the pepper first and tasting before adding more.
Spicy Cold Zucchini Soup Ingredients
- 2 medium zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove blossom and stem from zucchini; chop into large chunks.
- Remove stem from chile pepper, cut in half, and remove seeds and membrane.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Add yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, and olive oil to the blender. Add 1/2 chile pepper, zucchini, onion, and cilantro. Pulse a few times to break up the zucchini and onion. Then turn up the speed to puree completely.
- Taste and add other half of chile pepper if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
Leave a Comment