Parmesan Roasted Kohlrabi is a flavorful, easy way to prepare kohlrabi. It makes a great low-carb substitute for similar dishes with potatoes.
Kohlrabi is another cultivar of the same species as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, and collard greens. It was developed in colder climates, so there was more root than leaves enabling it to survive harsher temperatures. It has a mild taste, somewhat like broccoli.
Parmesan Roasted Kohlrabi Ingredients
- 3-4 medium-large kohlrabi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or other fresh herbs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the outer peel of the kohlrabi with a peeler or knife. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, coat kohlrabi with olive oil. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper to taste. tip: start with just a little cayenne, you can add more at the end.
- Spread kohlrabi in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees until tender and golden, about 30 minutes, turning 3-4 times during roasting.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley. Stir together and serve.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.