This Apple Scalloped Potatoes dish is delectable with breaded baked pork chops, which can be cooked at the same time in another cast-iron pan or ovenproof skillet. Plus! The local organic Apples that come in your Harvest2U delivery are a perfect source with this recipe.
Apple Scalloped Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 medium (or 2 small) Apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine apple slices, sugar, and lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In an 8 or 9-in. cast-iron or another ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onion
- Cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Alternately arrange potato and apple slices in a single layer in the same skillet.
- Combine 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, salt, and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes.
- (Optional) Top with bacon and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Simple Side Dish
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy
- Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Simple and Healthy
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade – A Tasty Alternative
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Carrot Quinoa Muffins – Loaded with Protein and Fiber
- Braised Chicken With Celery Root And Garlic
- Avocado Pancakes – A Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.