Orange and Radish Cole Slaw is a light salad with a bright citrus taste and a pleasant bite from organic radishes. It makes a nice side salad for grilled meals, or serve it as a topping on sandwiches, tacos, or wraps.
You can swap other citrus fruits for the oranges. Lemons or limes both pair nicely with cilantro.
Orange and Radish Cole Slaw Ingredients
- 1 head cabbage or several medium kohlrabi
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the center stem. Chop into shreds. If using kohlrabi, peel and shred with a box grater or food processor.
- Zest one orange and squeeze the juice from both oranges.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage (kohlrabi) orange juice, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let sit for at least 20 minutes (longer is better) to draw some of the moisture out of the cabbage.
- Before serving add radishes and cilantro. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.