Orange and Radish Cole Slaw is a light salad with a bright citrus taste and a pleasant bite from organic radishes. It makes a nice side salad for grilled meals, or serve it as a topping on sandwiches, tacos, or wraps.
You can swap other citrus fruits for the oranges. Lemons or limes both pair nicely with cilantro.
Orange and Radish Cole Slaw Ingredients
- 1 head cabbage or several medium kohlrabi
- 2 oranges (or lemons or limes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the center stem. Chop into shreds. If using kohlrabi, peel and shred with a box grater or food processor.
- Zest one orange and squeeze the juice from both oranges.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage (kohlrabi) orange juice, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let sit for at least 20 minutes (longer is better) to draw some of the moisture out of the cabbage.
- Before serving add radishes and cilantro. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.