This simple Sesame Tatsoi stir fry cooks up in less than 10 minutes. Toss in some thinly sliced chicken or beef for a meal, or serve it as a side dish along with your favorite Asian dishes.
Tatsoi is similar to Bok Choi, a mild Asian green. Unlike greens like kale and collard greens, the center stem softens as it cooks and does not need to be removed. This green is packed with a ton of nutrients, including carotenoids, vitamin C, folate, calcium, and potassium. Other names are spinach mustard, spoon mustard, rosette bok choy, Japanese spinach.
Stir Fried Sesame Tatsoi Ingredients
- 1 pound tatsoi
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Chop root ends off from tatsoi and wash leaves and stems thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, cook one tablespoon sesame oil and garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the greens and cook for about 5 minutes until leaves are wilted, and stems are beginning to soften.
- Add oyster sauce (or hoisin) and continue cooking until liquid has cooked off.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Arugula Strawberry Salad – With Salmon
- Get the Most Out of Your Harvest Box – Ten Tips
- Broccoli Garlic Butter Cashews – For The Broccoli Hater
- Asian Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Creamy Chipotle Spinach Dip – A Healthy Dip
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Lemon Lime Asian Pear Juice
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.