This simple Sesame Tatsoi stir fry cooks up in less than 10 minutes. Toss in some thinly sliced chicken or beef for a meal, or serve it as a side dish along with your favorite Asian dishes.
Tatsoi is similar to Bok Choi, a mild Asian green. Unlike greens like kale and collard greens, the center stem softens as it cooks and does not need to be removed. This green is packed with a ton of nutrients, including carotenoids, vitamin C, folate, calcium, and potassium. Other names are spinach mustard, spoon mustard, rosette bok choy, Japanese spinach.
Stir Fried Sesame Tatsoi Ingredients
- 1 pound tatsoi (or Bok Choi)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Chop root ends off from tatsoi and wash leaves and stems thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, cook one tablespoon sesame oil and garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the greens and cook for about 5 minutes until leaves are wilted, and stems are beginning to soften.
- Add oyster sauce (or hoisin) and continue cooking until liquid has cooked off.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Arugula Strawberry Salad – With Salmon
- Get the Most Out of Your Harvest Box – Ten Tips
- Broccoli Garlic Butter Cashews – For The Broccoli Hater
- Asian Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Creamy Chipotle Spinach Dip – A Healthy Dip
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Lemon Lime Asian Pear Juice
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays