This ABC Juice is a good recipe if you’re new to juicing. It’s very sweet. And since pears apples beets and carrots all have high sugar content so go easy on this one. Even though cabbage isn’t one of the more popular juicing vegetables, it could be. Cabbage packs a nutrient punch!
Cabbage is in the same plant genus as cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and mustard greens. As such, cabbage contains sulfur-containing compounds. These compounds are being studied for their potential as cancer-fighting agents.
3 1/2 cups of shredded cabbage, equal to about a cup of juice has approximately 61 calories, 3 grams of protein, which is about 10 percent of your daily requirement of calcium. The same amount also contains 12 percent of the requirement for potassium, 26 percent of the requirement for folate, 150 percent of the requirement for vitamin C, and 233 percent of the requirement for vitamin K.
ABC Juice Ingredients:
- Asian pears (2)
- Apples (2) (Choose any variety!)
- Beets (2)
- Carrots (2)
- 3-1/2 cup chopped Cabbage (choose any variety!)
- 6 handfuls Chard 3 cups
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Amazing Fennel Pear Juice – A Mild Blend of Tastes
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Sauerkraut – Just in Time for Oktoberfest
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Organic Lemons Are Great For Your Health
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad